Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

Sam is still trying to figure out the sippy cup; he prefers to bite it, throw it, or swing it side to side; he hasn't gotten much water from it yet, but we're not going to give up!

He is crawling now.  He doesn't go far yet. . . .that darn register keeps grabbing his attention; he can't pull himself away from it.  We're going to have to put the infamous gate up soon to keep him from going near the stairs.  Olivia and Ben are my watchdogs--they keep dangerous items off the floor and keep the basement door closed!!
Ben loves to play with Sammy on the floor; he even joins him for a drink once in a while.  Olivia and I were reading a book while I was feeding Sam, but he didn't want to sit on my lap--so I put him on the floor to finish it and Ben joined him.
I had a nice Mother's Day!  The kids and John served me breakfast in bed, but I ended up joining them in the kitchen where they were all eating.  Eggs and pancakes were on the menu--it was delicious!  I got a gift certificate for a pedicure with Olivia---we're looking forward to using it--and I also got a gift card to Lowes to put toward some flowers for planting.  I can't forget to mention the fabulous artwork I received from Olivia and Ben!  Olivia and Ben helped with the planting; they were a lot of help.  We got a lot of work done!
These are my "Mother's Day flowers" from the kids.  They potted them  in cute little cups at Carrie's (daycare) and then we transferred them into this planter.  They're in charge of watering them this summer.

No comments: